About Orthodontic Relief Wax, Orthodontic Relief Wax For Braces
Braces are essential for a perfect smile but can sometimes cause pain. Wires pressing on the gums may feel scratchy and painful, which can be relieved by using orthodontic relief wax. This wax provides relief and prevents pain, making it an important item to keep on hand.
The properties of orthodontic relief wax make it ideal for safeguarding your gums from the confines of the braces’ metallic framework. The relief wax is solid at room temperature but may be melted by application of heat. When smeared over the braces that cause harm, it adheres to them and creates a buffer between the braces and the gums.
How To Use Relief Wax For Braces:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Brush your teeth gently around the area where you want to apply the wax.
- Pinch off a small piece of Orthodontic Relief Wax, about the size of a small pea.
- Roll the wax between your fingers to soften it.
- Flatten the wax into a thin layer.
- Gently apply the wax to the affected area of your braces.
- Use your fingers to press the wax firmly into place.
Note: If you have any questions about using Relief Wax, consult your orthodontist or dental professional.
Properties & Advantages:
- Relief Wax is made of medical-grade silicone.
- It provides temporary relief from appliance irritation.
- It lasts longer and is easier to use than ordinary orthodontic waxes.
- The Relief Wax is clear and waterproof.
- It stays on the bracket longer for greater patient relief.
Shelf life And Storage:
- Proper storage is required to maintain the quality of Relief Wax.
- The Relief Wax should be used before 24 months from the date of manufacture for best results.